Move over mommies!
The mommy makeover is not just for mommies.
The mommy makeover is my personal favorite procedure to perform in plastic surgery. So what is it exactly?
tighter abdominal muscles + liposculpted tummy + fuller, more youthful-looking breasts = mommy makeover.
Who else is getting the mommy makeover?
- Bariatric patients after massive weight loss (to remove the excess sagging skin)
- Women after twins or triplets
- Women with diastasis recti (separation of the abdomen muscle)
- Women who have had multiple abdominal surgeries which can cause sagging skin and an uneven lumpy appearance.
The truth is, mommy makeover candidates include anyone who wants the physical transformation provided by combining a tummy tuck, liposuction, and cosmetic breast surgery. Breast surgery can be an augmentation (smaller or bigger) with or without a breast lift.
Who is the ideal candidate for a mommy makeover?
In the majority of cases the procedure of a tummy tuck with a cosmetic breast procedure, is a safe combination for most women. However, there are certain requirements most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons believe are necessary to consider someone an ideal candidate for this operation.
Mommy makeover patients should be:
- In good overall health without any serious medical conditions.
- At or near their ideal body weight or the weight they want to maintain.
- In a good, positive mindset with a realistic expectation for the surgery.
- Finished having children.
- A non-smoker or has quit smoking at least a month before the procedure.
Are you to old?
One of the most common questions I hear from women considering a mommy makeover procedure is, “Am I to old”? Age is really a less important factor than the person’s overall health. For example: a 60-year-old woman who leads an active lifestyle that includes regular exercise and good dietary habits with no other medical problems may be a better candidate than a younger woman who is less healthy and a smoker and one that is over weight..
Is a mommy makeover right for you?
The best way to answer that question is to breakdown the multiple procedures individually.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): Women from India, California, Florida and even Alaska travel to Premier Plastic Surgery of New England to have me perform my Total Tummy Tuck Care. Total Tummy Tuck Care is the integration of western surgery techniques combined with eastern holistic philosophies to create optimal pre/post-operative care.
- Liposuction: Sculpting the final results of a tummy tuck usually involves targeted fat removal using liposuction.
- Breast lift (with or without implants): The loss of breast volume and shape is one of the most common concerns of women after having children. But those same issues occur after weight loss as well. And women know all too well that breasts gradually begin sagging as they get older. Breast augmentation can restore volume, but in many cases, a lift is also needed to create a more youthful shape.
These procedures can all be performed as individual operations, but combining them is often an attractive option. It is more cost-effective and patients only have to plan for a single recovery. At Premier Plastic Surgery of New England, I understand that my patients are committing to an emotional, physical, financial, mental and spiritual journey when choosing elective plastic surgery. I am only honored to have embarked on this journey with all my patients. I hope that if you are the right candidate for the mommy makeover, that I may have the opportunity to join with you on your path to the new you.